Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Free Motion Quilting Pattern: Octopus Flower


This is a quick guide on how to make the Octopus Flower pattern that I used on this Memorial Quilt made from a ladies shirts. My apologies in advance for such poor quality in the following photos.



1) Make a medium/large swirl.


2) Travel back between the lines of the swirl.


3) Make smaller swirls (approx 8) around the outside of your bigger central swirl.


4) Echo around the outside of the smaller swirls & echo travel to a place where you can start your next big swirl for the next octopus flower.


 5) Keep swirling & echoing. It doesn't matter if each Octopus Flower has 8 swirls or not.




Have fun. It is a really easy pattern to use and travel around the quilt with. 


1 comment:

driftwood said...

oh lovely. I wonder if I could do that on my normal machine?