Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Diary of a Longarm: Day 6-8

I have loaded the memorial quilt that I have been avoiding to quilt so long on Bernie. Loading on a longarm really is so easy and the lack of 505 spray & endless smoothing while on my knees made me feel like there is hope in this purchase.


For this quilt I was using ladies shirts. All sorts of different patterns & materials. The family wanted to use the quilt in their house in Vermont - so we agreed on the traditional Bear Paw pattern.




I find the Bear Paw pattern quite a strong and bold pattern so I wanted to use a softer pattern for the quilting. I decided to use a pattern that I had made easily on Day 5. I call it the Octopus Flower - I'll post the pattern soon.

5 comments:

Fran said...

What a beautiful quilt, the quilting suits it perfectly.

Unknown said...

Thank you! That is such a lovely comment. The quilting isn't perfect - but the family were so pleased with the quilt. I'm really glad I waited to do it on the Fusion.

driftwood said...

oh my. you are coming on so fast!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Rachel -- that's a gorgeous quilt! You're doing an amazing job with the quilting on your new machine!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky family to have found just the right quilter to craft a most beautiful memorial in honor of their loved one. You are just an amazement in all you endeavor. Kudos in abundance!

e