Monday, December 17, 2012

Nativity Pageant: Shepherds Costumes

Not much crafting is going on here - with too many small children under foot and not enough time (or energy!) But I have been able to squeeze in a bit of sewing for our local Nativity Pageant that happens every year. They needed some new shepherd costumes so I set to work using this very simple pattern. (Please e-mail me if you would like this file - it shows how to cut a length of fabric into simple shapes that then make the tunics and cloaks.)


I managed to make 4 complete costumes. 
 With frayed edges ...
 ... grommets and cord to make fancy shepherd necklines ...
 ... simple gathered slings ...
 ... and some attention to corner detail.
 I can't wait to see them being worn this year!

Happy Holidays everyone.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Nice job. You're such a clever lady. Have a wonderful holiday season with all those little ones underfoot.

שיר said...

happy holidays from israel!
you did such nice job on the gouns...
im kinnda jealouse you have christmas, hanukkah is fun in its way, but we dont have all of the fun stuff like trees and socks(:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Rachel -- they're perfect! Job Well Done!

hetty said...

Your Shepherd costumes look fantastic! I may have to borrow your pattern sometime. I made a Santa outfit this year.