Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Girl Playmat

Another project finished and my first photos outside this year! I had forgotten how bumpy grass can be for photos! A little quilted play mat for a baby girl. I added some tags in the top corner to hook those little baby toys to. This quilt is made from the scraps left over from my scrappy Valentine Quilt (yet to be quilted - that is still on the list of to-do's.) I haven't done any free motion quilting for a while - but I didn't feel too intimidated tackling this piece.I hope it will be enjoyed by the little lady who is due to arrive soon.

7 comments:

dottycookie said...

Almost too cute to believe! You've chosen some very pretty fabrics and I can imagine a little person running cars and animals along the spiral you've made. I especially adore the backing flowers - do you remember what that fabric is by any chance?

Thimbleanna said...

VERY cute! I LOVE the idea of the little tabs in the corner. Very, very clever!

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful and perfect for a new bundle of joy to lie and play on. The tags are inspired!

Sue said...

OK, I'm confused. Didn't I read that a little fellow was joining the hutch? Now I read that we're waiting for a little girl. Did something change when I wasn't looking?

hetty said...

That is very pretty. Love those little tabs. Great idea.

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.