Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Lucky Baby Bunny

Our dear friends had been trying for a baby and when they came to visit the baby bunny at only 10 days old - my friend held her and said 'perhaps you will be my good luck charm'. And her baby magic dust must have been powerful ... this weekend was their baby shower.

Baby Ella is due in December and I'm so thrilled for them and utterly thrilled that my baby bunny was their lucky charm. I inquired about a little pressie and a Rachael Rabbit play mat/picnic mat was requested.

I don't often say this (so it must be true) but my photos do not really do this justice. I haven't really done any sewing pieces since the baby bunny arrived. And this is almost flawless - I was quite pleased with it. I used House Collection fabric ...... I hand tied the quilt with tiny little crosses, it has a double layer of batting - so it is extra soft for Baby Ella's tummy time ...... I used beautiful velvet ric-rac given to me by Anne of Bunny Hill Designs, ...... the gift bag has felt letters ironed to it using that super sticky stuff.I think (hope) the mummy-to-be was pleased with it too.

9 comments:

dottycookie said...

Oh, that's just adorable. I'm sure both mum and baby will treasure it!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and in a fab bag too!

Lappesola said...

Beautiful!! And the gift bag was a very good idea.

Hugs from Sol

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Just beautiful - the fabric is so pretty and classical for a baby.

hetty said...

It's beautiful! So soft and pretty! And the bag adds a lovely touch! I am sure Mom and baby Ella will love it! (I have never used two layers of batting. Is it difficult to needle through?)

Bumpkin Hill said...

OH this is just the most beautiful gift, gorgeous colours, love the ric rac touch and the bag is so sweet :) How special that little Bunny's magic dust worked! Hugs, Catherine x

Ally Jay said...

Hurrah for baby bunny magic.

Sue said...

Very pretty. What a special gift for a very special young lady. Congratulations to the happy parents, too.

Sew Can Do said...

Simply lovely. Where did you find velvet ric-rac? I've never seen that before but it's so elegant on that quilt.